- What is Air-cooled Laser and Water-cooled Laser Cleaning?
- Cooling the laser machine is important in the operation of the equipment.
The Laser beam comes from a hand-held cleaning head, it comprises a triggered housing for containing the optic components in a shell or gun housing.
The hand-held cleaning head can be used to safely direct laser energy to a surface to be cleaned; the laser beam ablates from the surface coatings, corrosion, and the like without harming the substrate.
The Air-cooled Laser Cleaning Resonator and portable Hand-Held Cleaning Head is cooled by the environmental air with fans and or cooling fins.
The Water-cooled Laser Cleaner is cooled by a chiller or condenser, via tubes to the laser resonator and the cleaning head.
Difference Air Cooled vs Water Cooled Lasers
- Smaller operations
- Compact and portable
- Less cost but higher maintenance
- No dust protection
- Industrial medium and large operations.
- High energy efficiency.
- Constant performance is achievable, independently of the ambient temperature.
- Higher initial cost
- Low maintenance
- IP62 Ingress Protection
- Competitors Water Cooled vs IPG Laser Cleaning Machines
- Rather than specify a comparison list, we recommend the features and benefits of our IPG Range of Laser Cleaners, some competitors may have some features and some may not.
IPG Water-Cooled Lasers by Laser Industries Pty Ltd
IPG Lasers with Inbuilt freon Chillers, alarms and temperature controls
IPG Lasers with dust protection IP62 Ingress
- Single Transportable Unit with a smaller footprint, less cumbersome than separate chillers and cables.
Normally separate chillers are larger units due to the requirements of large water tanks for circulation cooling only. Lower quality build with no alarms.
- Due to the unique technology of Laser Industries manufacturing, we have enabled our smaller size chillers to accommodate our mid-range of Water Cooled IPG200w and IPG300w Laser machines, both of these models have not been replicated by other suppliers. The IPG200w is the world’s first water-cooled 200w.
- The Australian mining and industrial applications can be quite demanding environments, the technology of Laser Industries manufacturing enable dust protection to IP62 Ingress protection to provide lower maintenance.
- Alarms and Temperature control need to be built and adjustable to allow different climates, applications and long operational shifts.